JARD Savage A17 Trigger System Installation Guide
3/32 (or smaller) punch
5/32 allen wrench
Step 1: Verify the Firearm is Unloaded
Remove the magazine and visually inspect the chamber to ensure that the firearm is unloaded.
Step 2: Remove Stock
First, remove the dust cover by pressing the rear of the dust cover upward while depressing the guide rod retention button with 3/32 punch.
2. Second, detach the stock by removing disassembly screws located under dust cover and in front of the magazine well.
Step 3: Remove Factory Trigger
Remove the guide rod & recoil spring assembly (this will cause the charging handle to become loose).
2. Remove trigger housing retention pin. If necessary, use punch to start pin removal.
3. With trigger housing retention pin removed, remove trigger housing by first sliding it forward (toward muzzle) then down as shown above.
Step 4: Install JARD Trigger System
Begin installing JARD trigger system by first putting in tail of trigger housing in noted hole above (result will look like image 1. below).
2. Continue installing JARD trigger system by pushing front of housing up then pushing entire housing back (see images above).
3. Finish installing JARD trigger system by reinserting trigger housing retention pin.
Step 5: Reinstall Guide Rod, Charging Handle, and Stock
Reinstall charging handle followed by guide rod to secure it.
2. Compress and realign guide rod / recoil spring to secure it (see images above).
3. Realign action with stock and secure screws with 5/32 allen wrench.
4. Reinstall dust cover by angling front in first, then push dust cover forward and down (see video above).
For further instructions on trigger adjustment, refer to owners manual sent with your JARD trigger system or view a digital copy here: JARD Savage A17/A22 Manual